English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Sunday, February 15, 2009

I Wish I Could Wear Hats Again

Before I started shaving my head, when I was younger, I could wear hats.







These days, I just can't find one that looks good on me. Particularly of the western variety.

A woman I was dating once gave me a very nice cowboy hat which I had custom blocked in a style to my liking and dressed it up with a hatband I liked.



But everytime I'm about to go someplace where I think it might look appropriate, I put it on my head, look in the mirror and think "Oh FUCK no." and back in the box it goes.

But if I could pull it off and had the money to spend, I'd be dropping some serious coin over at Baron Hats.

"Baron California Hats has been serving the Motion Picture, Television, and well as the general public for 75 years.

For two decades we personally have made hats for many of the entertainment work's top names, television shows, and movies, Film epics such as "How the West Was Won", Paul Newman's "The Sting", and "Exodus", "The Man from Snowy River", "1941", "Crocodile Dundee", "Indian Jones and the Temple of Doom", "The Whole Ten Yards", and "Hidalgo". TV's popular mini-series, "Centennial", "The Thorn birds", "North and South", and the Emmy award-winning, "Winds of War", as well as the long-running weekly series "Gunsmoke", "Bonanza", "Star Trek" and "Little House on the Prairie", were but a few productions who relied on Baron's hat making abilities to lend authenticity to their overall look.

We have created hats for many of John Wayne's immortal classics like "The Alamo", "The Searchers", and the film that earned Duke his academy award for best actor, "The Grit"."


Here are a few of the hats I wish I could pull off.

The Kilgore from "Apocalypse Now”


"The Kilgore"
200XXX
100% Hand Brushed Beaver
$898
Includes a Certificate of Authenticity
and our Exclusive Baron's Lifetime Guarantee
Available New or with Special Aging
for an additional charge of $99

The Charley from "Open Range"


"The Charley"
200XXX
100% Beaver
$699.00
Includes a Certificate of Authenticity
Available New or with Special Aging
for an additional charge of $99

The J. B. Books from "The Shootist"



This was the hat John Wayne wore in his very last film.



The one where he was shot dead by Opie Taylor.



THE J.B. BOOKS
100% 200XXX Beaver
Crown: 6” Extra High Crown with Classic Tear Drop
Brim: 4 1/2” Galloping Wave-Shaped with Cliff-Razor edge
Hatband: 1” Real Naturally Harvested Snakeskin
$725
Available New or with Special Aging
for an additional charge of $99

But I know I would look ridonkulous in all of those.

So hear is your challenge, dear reader. Find me a hat that would actually look good on me!

Not a western hat. Just something that would look good. GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...