English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Thursday, February 12, 2009

BITE ME!



So I took my daughter, young Galadriel Tanqueray Onassis, to the orthodontist this afternoon. The first step on the path towards getting braces. We chose Dr. Thomas Lovinggood because:

He is right across he street from me and right around the corner from GTO.

My BFF had nice things to say about him.

GTO's teeth aren't all that bad. I mean, we're Americans!



We're not BRITISH!



But she does have an anterior crossbite that needs to be corrected.

I took her in for an estimate.

Total charge to fix her teeth is $4,521.00. My insurance will pay $1250.00 of that. So that leaves $3271.00 for us to suck up.

Good news is, NO big upfront charges. Easy monthly payments! No credit checks, no loans, no finance charges. I like this guy already!

Next step would be a "diagnostic records" appointment where they make molds of her teeth and whatnot. That's a $175.00 appointment. Divided between me and the ex, I'm only out $87.50.

From that point on, it's a flat $150.00 a month for the next 18-24 months.

Split between me and the ex, I'm looking at $75.00 a month.

I get paid twice a month. That's $37.50 per pay check. I think I can swing that.

Given that she is a freshman now and the dental treatment takes 18-24 months, she should have straight teeth and be brace-free in time for her Senior graduations pics.

This might not suck ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...