English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Economic Vaccination

I sold this useless fucking monstrosity of a house after my divorce


years ago, and now I rent. So the decline in the housing market doesn't affect me.

I declared bankruptcy shortly after that, wiping out all of the credit card debt accumulated during my last marriage, so usurpery level interest rates don't affect me. I no longer have any credit card debt.

I wiped out 20 years of my accumulated 401k covering lawyer bills, moving companies, downsizing and other living expenses so the drop in the stock market doesn't affect me. I no longer own any stock.

My jeep is paid for. I have no car payment.

The company I work for was too conservative to dabble in all that risky financial bullshit. In fact, we are rated Number 7 in the top 150 companies in our industry. We are still growing and hiring, albiet at a slower pace.

I have nothing that the economy can touch.

I have rent, insurance, utilities, groceries and gas. As long as I have a paycheck coming, I have no worries.

I have already voluntarily divested myself of all of the financial baggage that could cause me any angst.

I have nothing, so I have nothing to lose.

It is a very zen-centered place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...