English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Thursday, May 27, 2010

"I Need You To Call Me"

That was the text message I recieved from my daughter, young Galadriel Tanqueray Onassis, on my way home from work tonight.

I drive a jeep with a standard transmission and don't have a Borg/Blue Tooth implant so I need both hands to drive. I figured I'd call her back after I got home and settled.

Which I did.

HER: "Oh. I don't need to talk to you anymore. I took care of it."

ME: "So, what happened?"

Turns out she was in her first car accident. In her mom's brand new car. With her boyfriend behind the wheel.

No one was hurt. The damage was minimal. But still.

They had already parked at the restaurant when a woman who was yacking on her fucking cell phone and not paying any goddamned attention backed into them as she was pulling out.

GTO's mom is, well...unpredictable. GTO was terrified and didn't know what to do. She was trying to contact me for advice and I wasn't available.

In my absence, she was forced to evaluate the situation and decide what to do.

She decided that the best course of action was to immediately go to her mother and tell her exactly what happened.

She was so terrified she was shaking. But she did it. And her mother (who had apparently been replaced by an inter-dimensional clone from an alternate reality) shrugged it off and took it in stride instead of freaking the fuck out.

My daughter faced a major crisis, rationally analyzed her available courses of action and the potential ramifications of each one and reached a conclusion.

She handled it on her own and she reached the right decision.

I'm calling this a parenting WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...