English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Friday, April 23, 2010

My Awesome Daughter


In case you aren't a regular reader and haven't figured this out already, my 16 year old daughter and I are best friends. We are so much alike it's frightening.

As evidenced by a couple of recent text exchanges.

EXCHANGE 1:

GTO: "Remember when you used to take me to the park and push me super high on the swing?"

Me: "Of course I do! ZOOM!!!"

GTO: "I'm at the park and I just remembered that! I love you dad."

Me: "Aww! I love you too!"


EXCHANGE 2:

GTO: "I'm not busy this Sunday".

Me: "Excellent! Let's have brunch and hang out!"

GTO: "Stuff white people like. Brunch. But yes. I concur."

Me: "LOL! We be white! I'm one cracker mofo!"

GTO: "Hahahaha... God I hate you. Jimmy* read that! I'm embarassed"

Me: "Ahahahahahaha! Schweeeeet!"

GTO: "I need to add that to your 'nono' words**".

Me: "You can do that on Sunday!"

GTO: "Okay!"
*Jimmy is her boy friend. He's 16. He plays guitar. In a band. He has gauged ears the size of quarters!

**The "No-No Word" list was the result of a FEMALE CONSPIRACY between my daughter and my BFF to limit what I can say IN MY OWN HOME!

This list includes, but apparently is not limited to:

1. "Pimptastic"
2. "Weak Sauce"
3. "BOOYAH!"
4. "I'm a HOOT!"
5. "Your mom!"
6. "I like Star Trek!"
7. 3-Day *anything* (As in "You 3-Day ugly! You was ugly yesterday, you ugly today, and you gonna be ugly tomorrow!")
8. Food Baby. (That super-full feeling in your tummy after a big meal.)
9. "Don't hate the Playah, hate The Game!"
10. "Da Bomb"
11. "Pad"
12. "Crib"

I'm single, I live alone and yet women still find a way to rule my life.

WTF? LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...