English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

So I'm Getting A Cat!


Temporarily, anyway.

I've actually been contemplating getting a cat lately. It appears that my habitation situation won't be changing anytime soon, so I have been giving some thought to long term arrangements. Like hanging pictures. Hanging some curtains. Unpacking some of the shit in the garage. And having a companion.

Dogs are completely out of the question. If I wanted some hairy, needy, bundle of claws and teeth greeting me at the front door every night demanding my immediate attention I'd have stayed married to my 2nd wife. Fuck that.

Cats are cool, like me. You do your thing, I'll do mine. Sometimes I'll feed you. Sometimes we'll get together and snuggle. Otherwise, we'll leave each other the fuck alone.

A good friend of mine sent out a tweet alert that she needed an emergency cat sitter and much to my surprise, I immediately volunteered. So for the next 8 days, I'll be cat sittin'.

This will be perfect, actually. After 8 days I will either be willing to pony up the additional deposit and rent to have a pet, or I'll be saying "What the fuck was I thinking?!"

We'll see how this goes.

Plus, my daughter, her niece and her friend will be over this weekend and they will give the cat much welcoming loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...